NPC Training Courses
“The National Parents Council provides training courses for parents on a variety of topics. Most of these would take the form of a training/information session presented in the evening-time over a couple of hours. The number of parents that can attend these are, within reason, un-limited. Some topics such a ‘Parenting: Supporting your child to build healthy friendships and relationships’ also involve more intensive training modules run over a number of sessions, with numbers limited to about 15 parents for each module. If any parents are interested in booking a training course can they contact the Parents Association by emailing the Parents' Association at email@example.com. We would need to have minimum numbers to book a course. Also, the NPC trainers generally require 4 - 6 weeks notice.
You can view the NPC training information at
The topics covered by training courses are:
- Anti Bullying Training for Parents
- Internet Safety Training
- Board of Management Training
- Supporting parents to support their children’s mental health and wellbeing
- Parenting: Supporting your child to build healthy friendships and relationships.
- Parent Association/Parental Involvement Training
- Developing a Policy in your school - Code of Behaviour
- Transition from Primary to Post Primary
- Whole School Evaluation (WSE) Training